• Advanced student in Journalism or Media Studies;
• Existing journalistic skills through either education or work;
• Proven interest in international reporting;
• TOEFL score 550 paper based, or 213 computer based, or 80 internet based, or IELTS score 6.5.
• Students from partner schools/universities (exchange):
Contact your own institution’s international office for outgoing students; all applications are assessed individually. Your university should be a partner of the journalism schools in either Utrecht or Aarhus.
• Other applicants (non-exchange):
Contact the DMJX International Office for information, for academic year 2018-2019 well before 1 April 2018; find contact details via the Ask! tab above.
• Students from the schools in Utrecht or Aarhus (host institution students):
Contact your school’s international office (beware of earlier deadlines; DMJX students should apply before 1 Dec for next for academic year; HU students should apply before 1 May 2018 for next and following academic years).
• Course fee: free of charge for students from hosts or exchange partners
• Living expenses: 350-450 Euro per month
• Mediation fee housing office: 175 Euro
• Rent for a room: 350-450 Euro per month
• Field trips and travel period: 1.000 Euro
• Books: 150 Euro
• Health insurance: 40 Euro per month
• Travel costs to and from the Netherlands
• Travel costs between Utrecht and Aarhus
• Visa Netherlands for non-EU students 430 Euro. Check www.nuffic.nl/immigration or www.ind.nl
• Course fee:free of charge for students from hosts or exchange partners
• Living expenses: 400 Euro per month
• Rent a room with our help: 400 Euro per month. Minimum 2.200
• Travel costs to and from Denmark
• Field trips including Euroviews: 1.000 Euro
• Books: 50-100 Euro
• Health insurance: You need an insurance to cover you during the first 5 weeks of your stay in Denmark. After the registration at the Danish authorities upon arrival and a 5 weeks waiting period, you will be covered by the Danish national health security system.
• Visa Denmark for non-EU students: 255 Euro
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with your questions.